Thank you for supporting my work, and for helping to maintain our incredible forum community!

FORE Golf

For the First time in over 100 years (and the last bear market), Golf will be played at the Olympics!

[attachment=41243] [attachment=41244]

For this competition, I wanted to do something a little different. Pick the gold, silver, and bronze medalists. Lowest combined 3 golfer score is the winner. As an added bonus, if you correctly call any of the 3 medalist, you will have 5 strokes deducted from your score. If you pick Matt Kuchar to win Gold and he does, your score will be reduced by 5 strokes. A Sample Roster would look like this.

Gold - Patrick Reed
Silver - Martin Kaymer
Bronze - Justin Rose

http://golf.about.com/od/tourmajorevents...aments.htm

Please have your entries finalized by 11:59PM EST on Wednesday August 10, 2016.

"Sometimes I want to go back in time and punch myself in the face."
[+] 1 user Likes Grumpalicious's post

Henrik Stenson - Gold
Patrick Reed - Silver
Sergio Garcia - Bronze
[+] 1 user Likes Bayview777's post

Gold Stenson
Silver Reed
Bronze Kymer

The bear will return from years of hibernation this winter!

(08-05-2016, 11:55 AM)blorrilliere Wrote:  For the First time in over 100 years (and the last bear market), Golf will be played at the Olympics!

For this competition, I wanted to do something a little different. Pick the gold, silver, and bronze medalists. Lowest combined 3 golfer score is the winner. As an added bonus, if you correctly call any of the 3 medalist, you will have 5 strokes deducted from your score. If you pick Matt Kuchar to win Gold and he does, your score will be reduced by 5 strokes. A Sample Roster would look like this.

Gold - Patrick Reed
Silver - Martin Kaymer
Bronze - Justin Rose

gold - bubba watson
silver - sergio garcia
bronze - justin rose

http://golf.about.com/od/tourmajorevents...aments.htm

Gold: Willet
Silver: Bubba
Bronze: Cabrera Bello

".....your dollar will be worth just as much tomorrow as it is today." --Nixon, August 1971--after closing the gold window

Rose
Garcia
Fowler

Garcia
Stenson
Rose

Gold: Padraig Harrington
Silver: David Lingmerth
Bronze: Thomas Pieters

Gold - Fowler
Silver - Stenson
Bronze - Grillo

Gold Garcia
Silver Stenson
Bronze Kjeldsen

It has not started yet. I am a little late

Holy Harbinger! Jumping out to a huge 4 stroke lead. I, of course, switch my gold medal pick to Fowler, and he is virtually DFL. He deserves to get the Zika virus. the good thing about the Olympics is that everyone plays all 4 rounds. A lot of golf left to be played.

[attachment=41346]

Things have tightened up a little after round #2! Harbinger's commanding 4 stroke lead is now down to just 2 stokes over the expertly creative picks of KB03. It's still to early to call if anyone will earn the bonus deductions for calling the medals, but sure looks like Stenson could end up with the Gold or Silver, and Rose or Cabrera Bello could via for the bronze.

[attachment=41369]

Side note, Rickie Fowler's head always looked small to me anyhow, so maybe he had Zika all along? 14 shots back now. Or Too many Brazilian models...

...and Fowler shoots a Zika-ty FORE (64) with his tiny little head and a Brazilian supermodel on the bag today! Round 3 saw Harbinger increase his lead back to 5 strokes with 1 round to go! It also looks like many of the medal picks are going to lead to bonus points. Looks like Bubba is the best shot for a USA medal.

[attachment=41371]

Congrats to Harbinger for winning the 2016 FORE Olympic Golf challenge! Rep point coming your way. Also congrats to dark1p for correctly predicting Justin Rose would win the GOLD medal!

.pdf FOREgolf Olympic challenge round 4 .pdf Size: 123 KB  Downloads: 161