Thank you for supporting my work, and for helping to maintain our incredible forum community!

FORE Golf

Welcome to the 2016 PGA Championship FORE Golf Challenge! Please pick one past champion, one Club Professional, and 2 discretionary players of your choice. A sample roster would be....

Past champion - Keegan Bradley
Club Pro - Tommy Sharp
Discretionary #1 - Jordan Spieth
Discretionary #2 - Dustin Johnson

As always, if a player misses the cut, we simply add 10 strokes to that players total.

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/scoring/leaderboard

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/pga-c...nners.html

Please have your rosters posted by Wednesday July 27 at 11:59PM EST.

"Sometimes I want to go back in time and punch myself in the face."

I finished last place in the British Open. Maybe these guys will make the cut this time. Not making the cut really hurts. Anyway, I'll try again with hopefully more conservative picks.

Past Champion - Jason Day
Club Pro - Johan Kok
Discretionary #1 - Dustin Johnson
Discretionary #2 - Henrik Stenson
[+] 1 user Likes Harbinger's post

past champion Rory McIlroy
club pro Matt Dobyns
Dustin Johnson
Jordan Spieth

PC: Jason Day
CP: Mark Brown
D1: Phil Mickelson
D2: Jordan Spieth

".....your dollar will be worth just as much tomorrow as it is today." --Nixon, August 1971--after closing the gold window

Phil Mickelson
Omar Uresti
Dustin Johnson
Zack Johnson

The bear will return from years of hibernation this winter!

Cp Joe Summerhays
PW Rory Mcllroy
Matt Kuchar
Dustin Johnson

I got this ... y'all playing for second Laugh

PC: Vijay Singh
CP: Ben Polland
DP: Branden Grace
DP: Sergio Garcia (that's right Sergio)
[+] 2 users Like KB03's post

PC - Phil Mickelson
CP - Michael Block
D1 - Jason Day
D2 - Daniel Berger

Past Champ - Mickelson
CP - Berberian Jr
disc #1 Koepka
disc #2 Scott

(07-25-2016, 11:19 AM)blorrilliere Wrote:  Welcome to the 2016 PGA Championship FORE Golf Challenge! Please pick one past champion, one Club Professional, and 2 discretionary players of your choice. A sample roster would be....

Past champion - Keegan Bradley
Club Pro - Tommy Sharp
Discretionary #1 - Jordan Spieth
Discretionary #2 - Dustin Johnson

As always, if a player misses the cut, we simply add 10 strokes to that players total.

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/scoring/leaderboard

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/pga-c...nners.html

Please have your rosters posted by Wednesday July 27 at 11:59PM EST.
PC Phil Mickelson
CP Rich Berberian Jr
D1 Jordan Speith
D2 Dustin Johnson

Please double check my official roster and let me know if I have made mistakes! So far the Club Pro's are scores are mostly over PAR. I got my ticket for tomorrow in the mail last night so hopefully I can get some good pics to share of Paulina Gretzsky

[attachment=41119]

WHOA...who could have predicted that DJ (owned by 5 of the 9 participants) would be T143 and +7 after the first round. Good thing I am going up to the Tourney today, because I get the feeling that DJ a Paulina won't be around for the weekend.

It raining pretty hard here in New Jersey but looks like the worst of it should be past by mid morning. Hopefully I can figure out how to post some pics from the course.

[attachment=41124]

Thanks for participating!

[+] 3 users Like Grumpalicious's post

(07-29-2016, 07:45 AM)blorrilliere Wrote:  WHOA...who could have predicted that DJ (owned by 5 of the 9 participants) would be T143 and +7 after the first round. Good thing I am going up to the Tourney today, because I get the feeling that DJ a Paulina won't be around for the weekend.

It raining pretty hard here in New Jersey but looks like the worst of it should be past by mid morning. Hopefully I can figure out how to post some pics from the course.

Thanks for participating!

you know you're in trouble when the club pro you picked at random because you have no clue who those guys are is #2 in your group!

[+] 2 users Like ducksoup's post

[Image: c72168206f27b2c538998e31b9bbc5b8.jpg] all three 2016 major champions on hole 5 at Baltusrol.

Jordan Spieth in a sea of people [Image: fc806b9bf47b48cecb0aad4409c3f7f0.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: 63181ab1f972e6417526b9bf391461a4.jpg] scene at 4.

[+] 2 users Like Grumpalicious's post

[Image: 1e1e234ed217c068cbbb177cac0e4ce2.jpg] Phil. Rory. Jason. Past champs group.

[+] 4 users Like Grumpalicious's post

[Image: 3ee460d0a22576abff78e133c508d48c.jpg] Phil on 3. 500+ yard par 4.

Oh what a crazy DAY at the 2016 PGA championship. First off, after seeing these guys live, I am simply giving up the sport. Its literally like watching someone have a cheat code for a video game. 300+ yard drive in the fairway, GIR, sink putt.

After sitting on a shuttle bus for 40 minutes, I arrived at the grounds in mid morning after the rain ended (as everyone else). I chose to wear an old pair of golf shoes with soft spikes knowing I'd be "mudding it" instead of ruining another pair of sneakers. First thing most people realized on the way into the venue, "damn I shouldn't have worn these flip flops." Three women went down before I even saw the PGA championship entrance.

Baltusrol was built in the 1920's, when spectators attending events just wasn't on the architects mind. That said, if not for New Jerseyan's being used to crowds, Claustrophobia would definitely describe the scene. For the first 2 hours, I pretty much camped between 17 green, 18 tee, and 5 Green.

After watching several major winners come up hole 5, Spieth, Stenson, Dustin, Danny Willet, Justin Rose, I ventured down to the Wanamaker Club for lunch. This was the biggest disappointment of the day. Way overpriced for what you get access to. After knocking back 2 Brooklyn lagers, and some sliders for $32, I made my way down the
3rd hole to see the far point of the course, and also catch Rory, Phil and Jason Day tee off on 1. Unbelievably, I have Mickelson this week on my team, and the first shot I watched him hit was OB #1 (LOL we think the market is brutal).

I decided that I would start @ #1 and hike the course with the premier groups. So I skipped ahead back to #3 to get a good spot. I took this shot of Day & Phil from inside the Wannamaker club through a window.

Once again, I skipped up to #5 to keep ahead of the Phil, Rory, Day group to find the group of Brooks Koepka, Lee Westwood, and Brandt Snedecker, and virtually no people following this group. HMMM. They were all playing well, I have Koepka this week, maybe I should just stick with this group. So I decided to not fight the overcrowded course and enjoy the walk as they say. Sned's was on fire, shooting a 66, Koepka looked to have an injured ankle, and still shot a 67, and Westwood shot a 70 (I also chased him into the port o pots on 12, which he 3 putt'd for bogey shortly after). Weird I know.

All in all, this was the best experience I have enjoyed in quite some time. I have been absolutely killed in the market for 15 months and haven't enjoyed much in that time. I will hopefully be able to draw some valuable life introspection from this little mini adventure at Baltusrol. Good Luck Bastages!

[attachment=41146]

[+] 6 users Like Grumpalicious's post

Congrats to our 2016 Champion Simpleman! Awesome lineup. It was a rainy week full of delays, but all in all, we made it thru. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to play my silly game, and hopefully you'll all play the 2016 Olympics challenge. I am still pondering the rules, but this one only comes every 4 years, so we'll need to make it special.

Full results posted below

.pdf FOREgolf PGA Champ challenge r4.pdf Size: 119.79 KB  Downloads: 174