Thank you for supporting my work, and for helping to maintain our incredible forum community!

Coronavirus

Article covid19 not naturally occurring

No virus has been found in bats or pangolins that a natural mutation matches covid19 virus. Covid19 has many differences that indicate virus engineered in lab.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/w...-occurring

Thought this Reuters item on Spanish population immunity worth adding to the pot; end of article includes brief observation on transient immunity seems involved w/ asymptomatic infections.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...SKBN2471AL

EXCLUSIVE: Update on China Coronavirus Study – Current Mortality is Within Expectations for an Above-Average Flu Season
By Joe Hoft
Published July 6, 2020 at 5:56pm
Share on Facebook(468)
Tweet
Email

On March 17, 2020, we were the first to identify that the WHO and the WHO’s Director General Tedros were pushing fraudulent numbers regarding the expected mortality of the coronavirus.
The WHO over-stated the mortality rate of the virus by at least 20 times the actual number.
We then followed up with multiple posts on the subject. We reported on June 7, 2020, a study showed that when looking at the mortality rates for all causes this flu season, things aren’t much worse than a bad flu.
Next we followed up on this study on June 18th with more current data supporting these results.

Today we have more information based on more current data that supports our initial observations – that current mortality is within expectations for an above-average flu season.

Dr. Richard Cross, PhD, provided us the following information related to the China coronavirus. We have updated the following as of July 3rd:

US Total Mortality reported by the Center for Disease Control’s “Pneumonia and Influenza Mortality Surveillance from the National Center for Health Statistics Mortality Surveillance System” for the current year are within expectations for the marginally above average flu season. The excess mortality in a state-by-state analysis indicates total mortality within the expected range of mortality increase across most states, but excess mortality in the New York City area has been at levels comparable to the 1918 Spanish Flu, and the adjacent New Jersey/New England regions experienced mortality well above predicted levels. Media focus on the most affected areas, and on narrow time frames with the COVID-19 effect peaked, concealed both the generally high-normal levels of mortality for the current CDC Season in other regions.

We compute the cumulative Total Mortality for each year by week across the last six seasons beginning on the week ending on Oct. 5, 2013 and ending on May 30, 2020. In this report are the cumulative sums of Total Mortality across both 30 and 35 weeks. This approach places the total impact of COVID-19 within the context of the entire season relative to the previous six seasons which begin in the first week of October each year. It also expands the COVID-19 impact range beyond the 8 to 12 week window in early Spring 2020 where the COVID-19 impact peaked in the Northeast. This approach also allows for updating of the total COVID-19 impact throughout the remainder of the current summer and into the fall as additional CDC data updates become available, thus placing the COVID-19 effect within the context of the entire 12 month season.

This study is brilliant because it takes out the CDC’s confusing directive that stated that all deaths should be counted as coronavirus deaths, even if the cause may have been another condition. By counting all deaths, no matter the cause, we can clearly see the impact of the coronavirus on the nation is ‘not much worse than a bad seasonal flu’.
The study goes on to report on the New York situation:

The relative impact on total mortality of the COVID-19 event in the New York City region was in a class by itself. Figure 2 shows the increased cumulative total mortality increase as measured by the P-Score compared to previous 6-year mortality trends for each state; this is a more sensitive indicator of mortality change for each state since each state’s current mortality is based upon the previous six years mortality trend for that state. In Figure 2, New York City (NYC) mortality excess is 68% and is the highest across all locales with the current data. By week 34 in the current season, NYC is so far outside the mortality space of the other regions that it inhabited a different mortality universe altogether. It was widely reported as well that New Jersey experienced a high level of COVID-19 deaths, which translated into a seasonal excess mortality of 28 percent greater than its own expected increase, but yet this is still far below NYC.

Dr. Cross’s study goes on to suggest that the mortality rates across the nation are not much different in normal years because “the vast majority of COVID-19-related deaths occur in people who from an actuarial perspective would have died this year or soon thereafter from a pre-existing morbidity.” This makes sense because the elderly by a large percent were the ones who died from the coronavirus. If the elderly are proportionally expected to die anyways, the fact that they died from the coronavirus rather than another cause, kept the overall mortality rates similar to other years.
The Mainstream Media

As we reported previously, the media was responsible for the fear caused during this time period:

Much of the COVID-19 fear was sustained by media repetition and focus on daily and weekly COVID-19 infection rates and putative COVID-19 mortality that spiked in April. Daily and weekly mortality changes are quite variable, and the COVID-19 mortality estimates are partially confounded with total mortality, whereas cumulative weekly estimates of total mortality are highly regular. The growth pattern for COVID-19 mortality was shown day after day, but it was never placed within the context of the total cumulative mortality, and this gave rise to the impression that all the COVID-19 deaths were in fact directly caused by the disease, along with an additional false impression that the COVID-19 mortality was pushing the total mortality well above average for the year. These impressions turn out to be false.

See the entire report here:

How Big is COVID-19? Current Mortality is Within Expectations for an Above-Average Flu Season by Jim Hoft on Scribd

Overall, these numbers are not surprising. The China coronavirus impact on the US was not as severe as predicted by the so-called experts.
Social distancing doesn’t appear to have much of an impact on overall mortality.
Finally, the actions of the governor and health officials in New York caused that area to explode with cases and death, especially when compared to the rest of the country.

(Richard Cross is a retired university professor, consulting psychologist, and research director in test development.)
[+] 1 user Likes greenthumb's post

(07-07-2020, 11:55 AM)greenthumb Wrote:  EXCLUSIVE: Update on China Coronavirus Study – Current Mortality is Within Expectations for an Above-Average Flu Season
By Joe Hoft
Published July 6, 2020 at 5:56pm
Share on Facebook(468)
Tweet
Email

On March 17, 2020, we were the first to identify that the WHO and the WHO’s Director General Tedros were pushing fraudulent numbers regarding the expected mortality of the coronavirus.
The WHO over-stated the mortality rate of the virus by at least 20 times the actual number.
We then followed up with multiple posts on the subject. We reported on June 7, 2020, a study showed that when looking at the mortality rates for all causes this flu season, things aren’t much worse than a bad flu.
Next we followed up on this study on June 18th with more current data supporting these results.

Today we have more information based on more current data that supports our initial observations – that current mortality is within expectations for an above-average flu season.

Dr. Richard Cross, PhD, provided us the following information related to the China coronavirus. We have updated the following as of July 3rd:

US Total Mortality reported by the Center for Disease Control’s “Pneumonia and Influenza Mortality Surveillance from the National Center for Health Statistics Mortality Surveillance System” for the current year are within expectations for the marginally above average flu season. The excess mortality in a state-by-state analysis indicates total mortality within the expected range of mortality increase across most states, but excess mortality in the New York City area has been at levels comparable to the 1918 Spanish Flu, and the adjacent New Jersey/New England regions experienced mortality well above predicted levels. Media focus on the most affected areas, and on narrow time frames with the COVID-19 effect peaked, concealed both the generally high-normal levels of mortality for the current CDC Season in other regions.

We compute the cumulative Total Mortality for each year by week across the last six seasons beginning on the week ending on Oct. 5, 2013 and ending on May 30, 2020. In this report are the cumulative sums of Total Mortality across both 30 and 35 weeks. This approach places the total impact of COVID-19 within the context of the entire season relative to the previous six seasons which begin in the first week of October each year. It also expands the COVID-19 impact range beyond the 8 to 12 week window in early Spring 2020 where the COVID-19 impact peaked in the Northeast. This approach also allows for updating of the total COVID-19 impact throughout the remainder of the current summer and into the fall as additional CDC data updates become available, thus placing the COVID-19 effect within the context of the entire 12 month season.

This study is brilliant because it takes out the CDC’s confusing directive that stated that all deaths should be counted as coronavirus deaths, even if the cause may have been another condition. By counting all deaths, no matter the cause, we can clearly see the impact of the coronavirus on the nation is ‘not much worse than a bad seasonal flu’.
The study goes on to report on the New York situation:

The relative impact on total mortality of the COVID-19 event in the New York City region was in a class by itself. Figure 2 shows the increased cumulative total mortality increase as measured by the P-Score compared to previous 6-year mortality trends for each state; this is a more sensitive indicator of mortality change for each state since each state’s current mortality is based upon the previous six years mortality trend for that state. In Figure 2, New York City (NYC) mortality excess is 68% and is the highest across all locales with the current data. By week 34 in the current season, NYC is so far outside the mortality space of the other regions that it inhabited a different mortality universe altogether. It was widely reported as well that New Jersey experienced a high level of COVID-19 deaths, which translated into a seasonal excess mortality of 28 percent greater than its own expected increase, but yet this is still far below NYC.

Dr. Cross’s study goes on to suggest that the mortality rates across the nation are not much different in normal years because “the vast majority of COVID-19-related deaths occur in people who from an actuarial perspective would have died this year or soon thereafter from a pre-existing morbidity.” This makes sense because the elderly by a large percent were the ones who died from the coronavirus. If the elderly are proportionally expected to die anyways, the fact that they died from the coronavirus rather than another cause, kept the overall mortality rates similar to other years.
The Mainstream Media

As we reported previously, the media was responsible for the fear caused during this time period:

Much of the COVID-19 fear was sustained by media repetition and focus on daily and weekly COVID-19 infection rates and putative COVID-19 mortality that spiked in April. Daily and weekly mortality changes are quite variable, and the COVID-19 mortality estimates are partially confounded with total mortality, whereas cumulative weekly estimates of total mortality are highly regular. The growth pattern for COVID-19 mortality was shown day after day, but it was never placed within the context of the total cumulative mortality, and this gave rise to the impression that all the COVID-19 deaths were in fact directly caused by the disease, along with an additional false impression that the COVID-19 mortality was pushing the total mortality well above average for the year. These impressions turn out to be false.

See the entire report here:

How Big is COVID-19? Current Mortality is Within Expectations for an Above-Average Flu Season by Jim Hoft on Scribd

Overall, these numbers are not surprising. The China coronavirus impact on the US was not as severe as predicted by the so-called experts.
Social distancing doesn’t appear to have much of an impact on overall mortality.
Finally, the actions of the governor and health officials in New York caused that area to explode with cases and death, especially when compared to the rest of the country.

(Richard Cross is a retired university professor, consulting psychologist, and research director in test development.)

Can someone explain to me why you would use October to May mortality rates when the first reported deaths from Covid-19 were not reported until February and didn't start hitting serious #s until April? Am I missing something - wouldn't that massively dilute the overall averages per month? Maybe it's just me, but this looks like one of those deals were you ask your account what the #s are and they say "What do you want them to be?"

Mike Rowe Answers a Fan Letter About COVID-19 — It Probably Wasn’t the Answer They Expected

Posted at 10:00 am on July 24, 2020 by Becca Lower

Many Americans got to know Mike Rowe as the host of “Dirty Jobs With Mike Rowe,” which ran from 2005 to 2012 on the Discovery Channel — almost 170 episodes of him trying his hand at the grimiest, craziest professions he could find. Then he moved on to CNN (now TBN) with “Somebody’s Gotta Do It,” The show keeps chugging along, now in its fourth season. The listing at the Internet Movie Database describes it this way:

Mike Rowe’s Somebody’s Gotta Do It brings viewers face-to-face with men and women who march to the beat of a different drum. In each episode, Rowe visits unique individuals and joins them in their respective undertakings, paying tribute to innovators, do-gooders, entrepreneurs, collectors, fanatics-people who simply have to do it. This show is about passion, purpose, and occasionally, hobbies that get a little out of hand.

These days, Rowe hosts an online show, as well – “Returning the Favor,” now in its fourth season on Facebook Watch, which has him “travel[ing] the country in search of remarkable people making a difference in their communities.”

Many people know he also oversees mikeroweWORKS Foundation, his nonprofit organization which promotes skilled labor instead of a one-size-fits-all road to a four-year college degree. The foundation has been giving away scholarships to people who feel more suited to that kind of work — and in typical, Mike Rowe fashion, instead of being fancy, they call it “a pile of money.” It just part of why Americans love Rowe and what he does.

Another fantastic way to get a dose of Mike Rowe’s laid back, “aw shucks” sense of humor is to read the fan mail he shares sometimes on his Facebook page. Here’s the latest one I’ve read, which was posted late on Wednesday, it appears. If you aren’t familiar with the format, a viewer drops Rowe a question online, and he spins a stem-winder of an answer on his page. You always finish reading it with a feeling of delight — and that you learned something at the same time.

This time, the fan asked Mike a question about the Wuhan coronavirus… and I’m not too sure she got the answer she expected.

She wrote:

“Mike. In a recent post, you said you’ve been to Tennessee and Georgia, giving speeches and filming for your new show. Before that, you were on the road shooting for Dirty Jobs. Is it really so important to film a television show in the midst of pandemic? Is it responsible of you to encourage this kind of behavior when infection rates are spiking? Don’t you watch the news? More and more cases every day – aren’t you concerned?

Darlene Gabon

As I mentioned, he takes his time. Stick with it to the end — it’s worth it.

Rowe replied:

“Hi Darlene

Of course, I’m concerned. I’m just not petrified.

On March 15th, the day after my part of the country was locked down, I posted a link to an interview with Dr. Michael Osterholm. I’m posting it again, because I believe you and everyone else in the country would benefit from listening carefully to what he has to say. https://bit.ly/2WLOM6o

Dr. Osterholm is the Director of Infectious Disease Research and Policy. This is the same epidemiologist who ten years ago, predicted a coronavirus would come from China and turn our country upside down. In his book “Deadliest Enemies,” he anticipated the utterly irresponsible way in which the media would report on the situation, the completely opportunistic and shamelessly political way our leaders would likely react, and the unprecedented chaos and confusion that would arise from all the mixed messages from the medical community. His resume is unexampled, https://bit.ly/3jvzQTW, and his analysis of the situation is the most logical and persuasive of any I’d heard so far. He’s also the only expert I know of who hasn’t walked back his numbers, reconsidered his position, or moved the goalposts with regard to what we must do, what we can do, and what he expects to happen next. I say all of this because Dr. Osterholm publicly predicted – in early MArch – that we could conservatively see over 100 million COVID cases in this country, with a very strong possibility of 480,000 fatalities – even if we successfully “flattened the curve.”

It took me a few weeks to accept this scenario, because 480,000 fatalities is a frightening number, and [a] lot of other experts were saying lots of conflicting things. But eventually, I came to the conclusion that Dr. Osterholm was probably correct, and quickly navigated the four stages of grief that usually precede acceptance – denial, anger, bargaining, and depression. By late April, I had come to accept Dr. Osterholm’s predictions as a matter of fact. Since then, I’ve had three full months to come to terms with the fact that, a) I am probably going to get COVID-19 at some point, b), I am almost certainly going to survive it, and c), I might very well give it to someone else.

I hope that doesn’t sound blasé, or glib, or fatalistic, or selfish. Four-hundred eighty thousand deaths is an obvious tragedy, and I’m deeply sympathetic to all who have been impacted thus far. I’m also very concerned for my parents, and everyone else in a high risk category. But when Dr. Osterholm says that COVID can be slowed but not stopped, I believe him. When he says a vaccine will not necessarily hasten herd immunity, I believe him. And when he says that people have confused “flattening the curve” with “eliminating the virus,” I believe him.

Thus, for the last three months, I’ve been operating from the assumption that this is a year-round virus that’s eventually going to infect 100 million people and kill roughly 1/2 of one percent of those infected, conservatively. I’ve accepted those numbers. Unfortunately, millions of others have not. Many people have no sense of where this is headed, and I understand why. They’ve been betrayed by a hysterical media that insists on covering each new reported case as if it were the first case. Every headline today drips with dread, as the next doomed hotspot approaches the next “grim milestone.” And so, for a lot of people, everyday is Groundhogs [sic] Day. They’re paralyzed by the rising numbers because the numbers have no context. They don’t know where it will end. But Dr. Osterholm says he does, and I’m persuaded that he’s correct. He might be wrong, and frankly, I hope he is, but either way, he’s presented us with a set of projections based on a logical analysis, and accepting those projections has allowed me to move past denial, anger, bargaining, and depression, and get on with my life with a better understanding of what the risks really are.

Fact is, we the people can accept almost anything if we’re given the facts, and enough time to get evaluate the risk and make our own decisions. Last year in this country, there were six million traffic accidents and 36,000 fatalities. Tragic, for sure. But imagine for a moment if no one had ever died from a car accident. Imagine if this year, America endured six million traffic accidents and 36,000 fatalities…for the first time ever. Now, imagine if these accidents and fatalities – over 16,000 and 90 per day respectively – imagine if they were reported upon like every new incidence of COVID. What would that do to our willingness to drive? For a while, I suspect it would keep us all off the roads, right? I mean, six million accidents out of the blue is a lot to process, and 36,000 deaths is scary – especially if you don’t know how high that number could get. It would take us a while to access the risk, before we blindly hopped into our cars again. Eventually though – after getting some context and perspective – we’d be able to evaluate the relative danger of operating a motor vehicle. Then, we could decide for ourselves when to drive, where to drive, and how much to drive. And so we do.

Again, don’t misunderstand. I’m not ignoring COVID, or downplaying COVID, or pretending the risks at hand aren’t real. Nor am I comparing COVID cases to car accidents – I’m simply comparing the fear of each to the other, and the fear that always accompanies uncertainty. I don’t want to get this disease or give it to someone else, any more than I want to be in a car car wreck that injures someone else. But I’ve accepted certain things about the pandemic, and now, I’ve gotten used to the risk as I understand it. I take precautions. I get tested as often as I can, and if I can’t physically distance, I wear a mask – especially around higher risk people. Likewise, I wear a seatbelt, obey the speed limits, and check my mirrors before changing lanes. Yes – I’m aware that we’d all be a lot safer if we kept our cars in the garage. I’m also aware we’d be a lot safer if we all kept ourselves in the house. But that’s not why cars, or people, exist.

Anyway Darlene, that’s a long way of saying that I have accepted Dr. Osterholm’s numbers, and now, after three months of acceptance, I’ve made a decision on how I wish to live my life. Sooner or later, you will too. We all will.

Mike
[+] 3 users Like greenthumb's post

Solid article, though barely scratches the surface of The Scam.

The Biggest Fraud Ever, Part 1: The Hocus "Science" Behind Lockdowns

[Image: fig-7-swedens-curve-flattens-without-loc...k=uWcIT_Uh]

Several months ago I said he is either disingenuous or a liar; now I simply say he is both. What a hack.

Dr. Fauci: Wear goggles or eye shields to prevent spread of COVID-19; flu vaccine a must

The nation's top infectious disease expert spoke to ABC News live on Instagram.

http://https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/...lf-patent/

tell me this ain't true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...e=emb_logo

very troubling stuff, after min 28:00 it gets absolutely crazy.

I think spot on!
[+] 1 user Likes Rizzo's post

https://twitter.com/jonkirbysthlm/status...80800?s=20

We are the virus......what a scam....

Plandemic II: Indoctornation 75 minutes in length
https://www.brighteon.com/d6412bff-0421-...5e1f52559d

Covid-19 Testing 1,000-times Too Sensitive

Well-researched and linked article based on work by Dr Michael Mina of Harvard.

Excerpts:
“The standard tests are diagnosing huge numbers of people who may be carrying relatively insignificant amounts of the virus… Tests with thresholds so high may detect not just live virus but also genetic fragments, leftovers from infection that pose no particular risk — akin to finding a hair in a room long after a person has left”.
According to a report in the NY Times: “In three sets of testing data that include cycle thresholds, compiled by officials in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada, up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus, a review by The Times found.”

[Image: bar_chart_covid_tests.jpg?resize=720%2C443&ssl=1]
[+] 1 user Likes Shiver Metimbers's post

(08-23-2020, 08:16 PM)Rizzo Wrote:  https://twitter.com/jonkirbysthlm/status...80800?s=20

We are the virus......what a scam....

Me thinks the scam is a guy with no medical background that spouts off conspiracy theories. Not a very reliable source.

Probably a better source would be what this guy said "This is deadly stuff" - Donald J. Trump.

(09-11-2020, 12:28 AM)Shiver Metimbers Wrote:  Covid-19 Testing 1,000-times Too Sensitive

Well-researched and linked article based on work by Dr Michael Mina of Harvard.

Excerpts:
“The standard tests are diagnosing huge numbers of people who may be carrying relatively insignificant amounts of the virus… Tests with thresholds so high may detect not just live virus but also genetic fragments, leftovers from infection that pose no particular risk — akin to finding a hair in a room long after a person has left”.
According to a report in the NY Times: “In three sets of testing data that include cycle thresholds, compiled by officials in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada, up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus, a review by The Times found.”

[Image: bar_chart_covid_tests.jpg?resize=720%2C443&ssl=1]

If it was in the "Failing" NYT, it has to be fake news.

Op-ed September 10, 2020
Horowitz: E-MASK-ulation: How we have been lied to so dramatically about masks

What did the scientific literature say before the issue became political?

Rattankun Thongbun/Getty Images
Daniel Horowitz

If you are looking for the scientific rationale behind universal mask-wearing, you certainly won't find it now that the issue has become as political as guns, abortion, and taxes. We are now at a point where Canada's chief public health officer is calling on people to wear masks when engaging in sexual activities and 19-month-old babies are being forced to wear them on airplanes. There is no rational thought in a political cult. But what did the governmental and scientific literature say on the issue before it became political?

POLL: How are you planning on voting this year?

On April 3, already several weeks into the unprecedented lockdown over coronavirus, but before the big media push for universal masking, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued guidance for respiratory protection for workers exposed to people with the virus. It stated clearly what governments had said all along about other forms of airborne contamination, such as smoke inhalation — "Surgical masks and eye protection (e.g., face shields, goggles) were provided as an interim measure to protect against splashes and large droplets (note: surgical masks are not respirators and do not provide protection against aerosol-generating procedures)."

In other words, they knew that because the virions of coronavirus are roughly 100 nanometers, 1/1000 the width of a hair and 1/30 the size of surgical mask filtrations (about 3.0 microns or 3,000 nanometers), surgical masks (not to mention cloth ones) do not help. This would explain why experience has shown that all of the places with universal mask orders in place for months, such as Japan, Hong Kong, Israel, France, Peru, Philippines, Hawaii, California, and Miami, failed to stave off the spread of the infection. Surgical masks could possibly stop large droplets from those coughing with very evident symptoms, but would not stop the flow of aerosolized airborne particles, certainly not from asymptomatic individuals.

This is why the CDC, as late as May, was citing the 10 randomized controlled trials that showed "no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks." The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford also summarized six international studies which "showed that masks alone have no significant effect in interrupting the spread of ILI or influenza in the general population, nor in healthcare workers."

When Dr. Fauci spoke so assertively against universal mask-wearing early on in the epidemic, it was clearly based on this knowledge. "There's no reason to be walking around with a mask," infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci told "60 Minutes" on March 8. He went on to explain that masks can only block large droplets, they give a false sense of security, and they cause people to get more germs on their hands by fiddling with it. Those facts don't change with time.

Several weeks later, Surgeon General Jerome Adams punctuated this point about the counterproductivity of wearing masks in public. Appearing on "Fox & Friends" on March 31, Adams said that based on a study that shows medical students who wear masks touch their faces 23 times more often, one has to assume that "wearing a mask improperly can actually increase your risk of getting disease."

Ever since then, we have all seen how people leave masks in their pockets or cars for days and continuously put it on and off as needed without washing their hands. It's inconceivable that this is not serving as a bacteria trap, if not downright helping spread the virus on our hands.

A 2015 randomized clinical trial from the University of South Wales testing the effectiveness of cloth masks among health care workers in Hanoi found that the poor filtration becomes a conduit for moisture retention. Researchers found a high rate of infection among those workers presumably because "their reuse and poor filtration may explain the increased risk of infection." Can you imagine how much worse this is in a non-health-care setting where reuse and cross-contamination are rampant?

This is why before mask-wearing became a cult in Canada, Quebec's public health director Horacio Arruda told the Montreal Gazette that masks are counterproductive. Arruda's guidance as given in the article states that masks "get saturated with moisture from the mouth and nose after about 20 minutes. Once they're wet, they no longer form a barrier against viruses trying to come through or exit." This renders the daylong mask wearing in businesses, stores, and schools, as opposed to the short onetime use in clinical settings, a complete hazard to spread of bacteria and pathogens.

Nothing about the biology of the virus or our discovery of it has changed in the past few months that would lead us to believe that masks are somehow more effective against it than they are against the spread of other respiratory viruses. What has changed is the politics. Governments could no longer control our lives through wholesale lockdowns, because it was logistically untenable, so they created the mask mandate as a way of permanently controlling our movement. They wisely did this on the heels of the full-scale lockdown when people were grateful just to be back in business under any conditions and were desperately willing to do anything to stave off a shutdown.

Dr. Jeffery Klausner, an infectious disease doctor at UCLA, described mask-wearing in early February as all psychological, not physiological. He told the Los Angeles Times that "fear spreads a lot faster than the virus" and that a mask only "makes you feel better." What is so dangerous about this is that, as Fauci and others originally warned when they were actually speaking from a modicum of scientific grounding, is that many immunocompromised people will go to dangerous places thinking the mask protects them. I've seen countless friends and neighbors who are concerned about their heart conditions and diabetes blissfully walk around indoors thinking the mask is their shield.

This is why Swedish epidemiologist Anders Tegnell warned that because scientific evidence for mask-wearing to prevent COVID-19 is "astonishingly weak," it is "very dangerous" to believe that face masks on their own could control the spread of the disease rather than hand washing or, in the case of those who are seriously ill, staying away from indoor gatherings. He would know, because his country barely has any cases left, and almost nobody in Sweden wears a mask.

The Dutch government made the prudent decision of only requiring masks on public transit when people are really close to each other for a limited period of time. With such scant evidence of the effectiveness of mask-wearing, how can we disrupt lives of children in school, businessmen in offices, and even people walking outdoors in some countries and states? "From a medical point of view, there is no evidence of a medical effect of wearing face masks, so we decided not to impose a national obligation," said Netherlands Medical Care Minister Tamara van Ark in August.

The Danish supposedly commissioned a randomized clinical trial to study mask effectiveness specifically as it relates to protecting against SARS-CoV-2, but despite promises of imminent release weeks ago, the study has not been published. Henning Bundgaard, chief physician at Denmark's Rigshospitale, noted, "All these countries recommending face masks haven't made their decisions based on new studies." It doesn't appear that anyone else is interested in finding out the truth.

Even in England, where there is more mask-wearing than in some of the other northern European countries, Public Health England concluded, "There is weak evidence from epidemiological and modelling studies that mask wearing in the community may contribute to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and that early intervention may result in a lower peak infection rate."

Our own U.S. government has failed to produce new evidence that counters years' worth of evidence that masks don't work in stopping respiratory viruses and is still producing evidence to the contrary. In June, HHS' Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality funded a systemic review of all relevant randomized clinical trials (RCTs) on the effectiveness of mask-wearing in stopping respiratory infections and published the findings in the Annals of Internal Medicine. The conclusion was as clear as it is jarring to the current cult-like devotion to mask-wearing. "Review of RCTs indicates that N95 respirators and surgical masks are probably associated with similar risk for influenza-like illness and laboratory-confirmed viral infections in high- and low-risk settings." The study noted that only one trial did show "a small decrease in risk" for infection when doctors wore N95s in high-risk settings, but even that evidence was scant.

The study looked at eight trials with 6,510 participants that "evaluated use of surgical masks within households with an influenza or influenza-like illness index case (child or adult). Compared with no masks, surgical masks were not associated with decreased risk for clinical respiratory illness, influenza-like illness, or laboratory-confirmed viral illness in household contacts when masks were worn by household contacts, index cases, or both." Remember, Dr. Deborah Birx, the Coronavirus Task Force coordinator, is now saying people should wear masks even at home?

How have we gone from public officials universally warning about the lack of effectiveness plus the potential to spread germs from masks to mandating that young children who are germ factories wear them all day in school – without even a legislative debate or public hearings?

The answer is that we have become emasculated as a society. We have become a people who are willing to surrender every morsel of our liberty at the ever-changing and capricious whims of "public health officials," even when they are appallingly contradictory and without any evidence justifying the 180-degree U-turn.

During times of panic, opportunistic politicians in positions of power will always latch on to desperate and regressive ideas to infringe upon liberty, while packaging them as some sort of enlightened advancement in technology or understanding. In reality, these same desperate measures were tried in 1918, and even then, it was understood that they didn't work. A November 16, 1918, headline of the Santa Barbara Daily News read, "Average Person Doesn't Know How to Take Care of Mask and It Becomes Veritable Bacteria Incubator."

2/ That headline was in the Santa Barbara Daily News and the Independent, Nov 16, 1918. "The average person doesn't… https://t.co/rEGTF4f5Z2
— Justin Hart (@Justin Hart)1597640374.0

Many principles in life are inviolable and do not change with time. We used to understand that mask-wearing was a novelty of Halloween. Now, our passivity has allowed our entire country to become a Halloween nightmare masquerade every day, with no end in sight.
[+] 1 user Likes greenthumb's post

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi...ic/616548/

This Overlooked Variable Is the Key to the Pandemic
It’s not R.

from CDC website; if I was a member of MSM the headline would be "Nothing to see here."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...arios.html

Former Pfizer Science Officer Reveals Great COVID-19 Scam

https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/former...WEF5In0%3D

Lockdowns helpful?

Texas NOT locked down since May 1. California increasingly locked down to this day.

[Image: COVIDTexasvsCA.jpg?itok=S1jgUD1-]

Non-N95 "masks" (cough, muzzles) useful in "slowing the spread"?

[Image: Eo1fAlDUwAEKeTg?format=jpg&name=small]

Censorship writ large

“Instead of the expected drastic increase across all causes, there was a significant decrease in deaths due to heart disease,” in addition to “all other causes.” Additionally, “the total decrease in deaths by other causes almost exactly equals the increase in deaths by COVID-19.”

“All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded in her presentation. She told the News-Letter that “a decreased number of heart attacks and all the other death causes doesn’t give us a choice but to point to some misclassification.”
[+] 1 user Likes Shiver Metimbers's post