Thank you for supporting my work, and for helping to maintain our incredible forum community!

Spot to post your suggestions, discovered glitches, etc.
Exclamation 

Be aware that just because you suggest something doesn't mean I can actually make it work. I may even agree with you! I probably do agree... but I can't make it work. Sorry. Good suggestion, though!

Wait...

I don't even know what you're suggesting yet! Maybe I can make it work! We won't know until you ask, which was why I created this thread (if I recall correctly, anyway) in the first place. Quit being such a negative nellie and post your suggestion! Smile_1

Hi PL,

Appreciate all the work you put into this new site and still keeping up with the updates.

One suggestion for a 'glitch' would be the e-mail update. It's less useful than disqus (can't believe I said that Confused). It would be great to get an email for each reply without having to go to the forum again. I thing you mentioned that this was 1068 on your list of things to do? Just wanted to add as a reminder. Prioritize as you think best.

-whip

"Minnie don't burn no chicken."

(05-23-2012, 10:26 PM)Whip Wrote:  Hi PL,

Appreciate all the work you put into this new site and still keeping up with the updates.

One suggestion for a 'glitch' would be the e-mail update. It's less useful than disqus (can't believe I said that Confused). It would be great to get an email for each reply without having to go to the forum again. I thing you mentioned that this was 1068 on your list of things to do? Just wanted to add as a reminder. Prioritize as you think best.

-whip

Fully agree with you. This one I *think* I can change -- but I have to go into the code to do so, so it's on the back burner while I try to get the transition off the ground.

(05-23-2012, 09:22 PM)CalD Wrote:  If I had known PL was putting up a MyBB forum I would certainly have suggested checking out vBulletin instead. We used MyBB for a user support forum at my last job and the hoops you have to jump through to try and trick it into doing anything useful always left me asking why.

When my partners and I left and started our own company, I spent about a week researching discussion forum software we ended up going with vBulletin. It's not open source but it was pretty cheap and it's like night and day in terms of usability. I haven't seen anything for LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PhP) servers that I liked better.

PL - This guy has got it wrapped right and tight as far as tech stuff goes - you might want to chat with him off line about site construction....Just a thought - not like you don't have enough to do......

(05-23-2012, 10:14 PM)Pretzel Logic Wrote:  I don't even know what you're suggesting yet! Maybe I can make it work! We won't know until you ask, which was why I created this thread (if I recall correctly, anyway) in the first place. Quit being such a negative nellie and post your suggestion! Smile_1

Reminds me of the response given by "Evil" Irv Homer (Philly radio personality) when being sworn into a grand jury...
Bailiff: Do you swear to tell the truth yada yada yada
Irv: No.
Judge: Why not?
Irv: I don't know the questions.
Judge: WHAT!!!
Irv: How can you swear to tell the truth about things you haven't been asked? Give me a list of the questions, and I'll tell you the ones that I'll answer honestly.

He's the same guy who would remind his listeners that it was indeed alright to yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater...if it was on fire.Idea

Central Banking...Making 3-Card Monte look like an honest game for over 300 years. Thumbs Up
[+] 1 user Likes Nostradumass's post

Could we have this...

http://www.inlogic.sk/games/detail/Whack...index.html

Then it would feel like I was working at Google.

or if If anyone wanted to feel like they worked for the SEC
(Banner ad removed by No Damn...AR woulda liked it a lot)
This would do just fine...plus it would provide the ZH ambiance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Central Banking...Making 3-Card Monte look like an honest game for over 300 years. Thumbs Up
[+] 1 user Likes Nostradumass's post

PL, I like this funky blue deep wave logo/banner at the top. And blackground does make everything else easier to read. This layout looks better than the previous ones.

Wonder if you can change the setting of the reply text box so that it's blank (without the previous posts) just like what we have with the 'new reply'?

Thanks for all the work you're doing with the new site. Will you have your daily article on this site eventually?

Tongue

(05-24-2012, 02:14 AM)t-winn Wrote:  PL, I like this funky blue deep wave logo/banner at the top. And blackground does make everything else easier to read. This layout looks better than the previous ones.

Wonder if you can change the setting of the reply text box so that it's blank (without the previous posts) just like what we have with the 'new reply'?

Thanks for all the work you're doing with the new site. Will you have your daily article on this site eventually?

Well, that defeats the purpose, really. If you're clicking the "reply" button directly under someone's post, then you are replying TO them -- so it's default to quote. If you're just replying to the thread in general, then use the "New Reply" button in the lower right, or the quick reply form at the bottom. Smile_1

Oh -- and yes, there's another part of the site under construction for the updates. I may have that finished sometime before the next ice age...

Is there something I'm missing in getting my sig line to display? I saw some babble traffic from Nostra today, have seen the sig line before, but not for the last several posts. Maybe some Moderator help?

Thanks

"My degree of optimism is negotiated daily..." - Bill Snyder ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi PL,
Very much appreciate your work here.
Glitches......FORUMS button on Home Page yields "page not found"

(05-31-2012, 10:25 PM)shortstory Wrote:  Hi PL,
Very much appreciate your work here.
Glitches......FORUMS button on Home Page yields "page not found"

Thanks. Yeah, I haven't figured out how to fix that yet. Whaaaat

(05-31-2012, 07:49 PM)GoF1sh Wrote:  Is there something I'm missing in getting my sig line to display? I saw some babble traffic from Nostra today, have seen the sig line before, but not for the last several posts. Maybe some Moderator help?

Thanks

Fixed.